Poolside Valentine's Ideas They'll Love!
It's creeping closer to Valentine's day, and the presume might be ramping up on how to create a memorable day for the love of your life. Chocolates and flowers are the usual standby, but you want to do something more—something unforgettable that they will adore.
If you have a swimming pool or access to one, you've already got a fantastic start to creating a romantic Valentine's, especially if you're lucky to live in an area where the weather remains warm all year round. But, if you don't, you still have choices! A hot tub or spa, or even renting a beautiful hotel room with generous jet-spa, can create a perfect romantic get-a-way.
If you and your loved one have kids, don't worry, you can include them too with any romantic poolside fun. Get them involved by asking them to help plan the day to make it all the more memorable.
Without further ado, here are just a few romantic Valentine's Poolside ideas to get you started!
Yes, we mentioned flowers were a little overdone, but how romantic is it to find a pool or jet tub filled with beautiful scattered rose petals? This is one of the most straightforward and fantastic for a pool and a luxurious bath or placed in a hot tub.
Want to create a dreamy fairy pond filled with flowers? Take bouquets of their favorites and wrap the stems in bubble wrap before arranging them in the water. The bubble wrap will keep them together but allow the flowers to float freely.
For an undeniable magical feel as the sun sets and the stars come out, surround your pool with LED candles or LED lanterns. Of course, you could use real candles, but we recommend being extra cautious to keep everyone safe!
The delightful and warm golden light is perfect for magical romance. There is even a considerable variety of waterproof, LED floating pool candles to select from these days that come in gorgeous colors and shapes like lotus flowers, globes, and lanterns.
Create a Lounging Spot
Whether you wish to cuddle together before getting into the pool or after, you'll no doubt want a place that is comfortable and welcoming, so build one! If you have chairs and outdoor furniture, rustle up some of the most comfortable blankets you might have—or catch a few before the big day (or night.) If possible, heat some fluffy, soft towels in the dryer and keep them warm when getting out of the pool.
If you have the budget, consider purchasing a cozy canopy, gazebo, or pergola—who says kids get all the fun with forts and tents?
Canopies or gazebos come in easy to set up, affordable models these days and give you a chance to turn a spot beside the pool into a magical lounge. Place chairs or a couch under a canopy and blankets and rugs, scatter rose petals, and light the area with tea lights. Include a table for finger foods to nibble on before or after a swim.
Set the Mood with Music
Create a mix of music that celebrates love. You can fill it with your partner's favorites and your own to help you set a romantic atmosphere. Next, you can easily play this lovely list with a Bluetooth waterproof speaker of your choice. There are even floating, waterproof Bluetooth speakers made to be placed directly into your pool, some of which feature gorgeous LED lights too.
Dance Under the Stars
Ask your loved one for a dance under the moon or the stars as the music plays and the evening descends. A slow dance can be very romantic, even if neither of you is great at it! Put on your song or a favorite one, grab your loved ones' hand, and dance along the poolside—or slow dance together in the pool!
Don't forget a special treat for your loved one by the pool (or while in it!) with one of these decadent cocktails.
Strawberry Shortcake Mimosas
• 10 fresh strawberries
• ½ cup finely crushed Nilla Wafters
• 2/3 cup strawberry ice cream
• 10 oz. vanilla vodka
• 1 bottle of Champagne or Prosecco
• Whipped Cream
1. Run a sliced strawberry around the rim of Champagne flutes, then dip each rim in Nilla crumbs.
2. Into each flute, drop 1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream and 1 ounce of vodka and top with Champagne or Prosecco.
3. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of Nilla crumbs with a strawberry for garnish and serve.
Are you looking for a non-alcoholic alternative? We've got you!
Lemon and Rose Spritzer
• 2 tablespoons rose water
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1-2 tablespoons honey to taste (or agave)
• A few drops of blood orange or pomegranate juice for color
• ¾ cup sparkling water
• Fresh roses for garnish (optional)
1. Combine rose water, fresh lemon juice, honey, and blood orange or pomegranate juice in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake until combined and strain into glass. Pour in sparkling water and garnish with rose.
Valentine's Ideas for a Hotel With Jacuzzi
Not everyone will have their pool or access to one. However, you can create a memorable and wonderful Valentine's day evening or weekend getaway at a hotel with a gorgeous jacuzzi.
Things you might wish to pack:
• Flameless candles. No fireplace? No problem! Flameless candles or LED tea lights are a safe and excellent way to turn harsh overhead hotel lighting into the perfect, golden romantic candle glow atmosphere.
• Bath bombs or bath salts make the jacuzzi even more relaxing.
• Face masks and lotion. Turn the jacuzzi into a spa night with self-care items your loved one enjoys.
• Flowers. Don't forget the bouquet if you know they love them!
• Bring a Bluetooth speaker. Connect a portable Bluetooth speaker to a romantic playlist you've created beforehand.
• Drinks. Whether they love champagne or something non-alcoholic, pack a sumptuous Valentine's day themed drink they'll love.
• Heart-shaped balloons. You can quickly fill the room with love by using some heart-shaped balloons as they fill up the space.
This Valentine's day, give them a poolside or hotel day or night they'll never forget with these ideas and inspiration. Happy Valentine's day!