Hello! We're Nicole, Jennifer and Colette, three sisters who started Lime Ricki in 2007. Lucky us, we were born to the ultimate adventurous parents and our lives have been anything but ordinary. We lived on a Navajo Reservation as young children. We grew up traveling the world (get this, Nicole was born in Afghanistan). Our first taste of curry was as kids touring India in a VW hatchback. Six years and two brothers later, we upgraded to a VW van and headed to Cairo, Egypt, via a six-week tour through Europe. We spent two years exploring pyramids, tombs and riding camels, horses and even donkeys in the Egyptian desert.
Our home base was Provo, Utah between all these adventures, with a stint in Boston for a year. Through all our travels we've learned to pack light, eat local, and stick together.
Little did we know that swimsuits would be the thing that brought us back together years later when as adults we finally lived in the same state and wanted to find something we could do together as sisters.
Lime Ricki was born after a frustrating swimsuit shopping experience. Our simple goal was to design swimsuits that we wanted to wear. We designed a small, eclectic collection of 6 tankini tops and 3 bottoms, and launched our website in the spring of 2007. We sold out before the summer was over and realized that we were onto something. In the years since then, we've learned a lot about how to design and construct a comfortable, fashionable and well-fitting swimsuit. We are passionate about bold color & graphic patterns and we believe that even the little details matter. We are committed to using only quality fabrics & trims. And all of our pieces are mix-and-match so you can create a look that is all your own.
Some things we want you to know about us:
1. We are an all-women company---owned, operated and run by a smart, talented and compassionate team of women who think designing and selling swimsuits is pretty awesome.
2. We NEVER airbrush or photoshop our models. They are just right the way they are. (And so are you!)
3. Every order we receive is hand-picked by an actual person in our warehouse in Salt Lake City. And each package is shipped off to you with gratitude and love. Thank you for supporting our small business!
4. Starting in 2018, all of our swimsuits are sewn in the USA, in a responsible factory in Los Angeles, because quality matters to us. We love that we can support the US economy, and appreciate the dedicated team that manufactures our suits--from cutting to sewing to packaging each suit. Read more about it HERE.
5. We believe in giving back. You can feel good about your purchase, knowing that a portion of all sales goes Charity: Water which helps provide clean and safe drinking water to developing nations. Read more about it HERE.
Welcome to Lime Ricki. We’re so glad you stopped by.