Stop the calendar! Can’t summer stay forever? Every year it seems to fly by too fast, before we’ve even had time to go to the waterpark or take trips to all our favorite beaches or finish our summer reading list. But we do know one way you can trick yourself into thinking summer is here to stay: by making this delicious watermelon & blackberry summer salad! It’s the perfect blend of fresh fruits, citrus, sweet honey, and crunch – if you decide to add the pistachios. We made a big batch over the weekend and we’ve been eating it all week!
Okay, we know – summer salads won’t make the warm weather last forever. But as long as the sun stays out, we’ll be munching on watermelon by the pool for as long as we can! Plus, a fruit salad goes perfectly with the fruit themed swimsuits in our shop this year, like the tropical knotted crop or the lemonade high neck peplum. You might need one of those for your salad too. Just saying.
• 1/2 watermelon, cut into one inch cubes
• 2 cups blackberries
• 1 sprig fresh mint
• 1/2 cup honey
• 4 limes
• lime zest
• pinch of cayenne pepper
• pinch of salt
• crushed pistachios (optional)
1. Slice watermelon and wash berries.
2. Chop mint into small pieces.
3. Combine honey, the juice and zest from four limes, cayenne pepper and salt to make the dressing.
4. Add watermelon, blackberries, and mint to a large bowl and toss with dressing.
5. Top with crushed pistachios if desired.
Give it a try and then come back to the comments and let us know how you liked it! That honey and lime dressing really makes this dish a little unexpected in a good way.