With all the hustle and bustle of life and seemingly neverending to-do lists, it’s sometimes hard to find time to take a breather. Take some time for yourself to relax and watch a movie or two, all from the comfort of your own bed or couch! Save some time scouring Netflix for noteworthy movies – I’ve already done the hard work for you and compiled a list of the best movies on Netflix. Here is a list of 10 of my favorite movies that you can currently stream.
1. Labor Day – This drama is about a depressed single mom who finds love with an escaped convict, whom she lets stay in her home. The story behind both characters is unexpected and thrilling, I couldn’t stop watching!
2. Like Crazy – A story about a British college student and an American college student who fall in love but are soon separated because the British girl is banned from the United States after overstaying her visa. There’s no surprise this Sundance film was awarded for best picture and best actress. A must see!
3. In your Eyes – A film about a woman and a man who connect solely through their minds. This is a true love story with an ingenious spin. I loved the unique concept of the entire storyline, so original and creative!
4. Best Man Down – A newly married couple cancels their honeymoon when they find out the best man unexpectedly dies on their wedding night. They trade their tropical vacation budget for planning the funeral, and go on an unexpected adventure in search for answers about the groom’s best friend. So intriguing, not what I expected!
5. Chef – A chef loses his restaurant job and starts up a food truck to reclaim his creative promise. It’s a deliciously entertaining film that reminds us to do what truly makes us happy. My advice is not to watch this when you’re hungry, though. The food all looks tantalizing!
6. The Chorus – This inspiring French film shows how much music can positively impact people’s lives. The music in this film is enchanting, no wonder it was awarded best foreign film back in 2004!
7. Jiro Dreams of Sushi – Jiro, the world’s renowned greatest sushi chef, shares his story about his days in the kitchen and how he plans on passing down his sushi legacy to his sous chef son. I was amazed at how Jiro has found so much success and inspired by his drive to always be better than he was the day before.
8. Teen Witch – I know, I couldn’t believe it either – this incredible, unforgettable 80s movie is actually on Netflix. An unpopular high school girl named Louise discovers she has inherited Salem witch powers. She uses her powers to cheat her way to popularity, but soon realizes there is more to life than high school fame. Try to “top that.”
9. A Knight’s Tale – Who doesn’t love this one? I could watch it over and over. It’s an action packed movie about a peasant in search for a new identity. Heath Ledger stars in this movie as the man who transforms into the knight in shining armor. I am obsessed with the fusion of modern music and a story set in the 1370s.
10. Finding Neverland – A true story about J.M. Barrie’s inspiration for creating the childhood favorite story, Peter Pan. I loved how he was able to create such an imaginative story based on his family friends!
In case you missed it, you can watch our own Lime Ricki mission statement video here. It was so fun to be on the other side of the camera and to share a little piece of who we are as individuals and owners of Lime Ricki.