Every woman needs at least one little black dress (LBD) in their closet. It’s a staple piece that can be worn year round to so many different events. It’s seriously one of the most versatile pieces of clothing I own (tied with my basic white tee). If you don’t believe me, keep reading. Here are 10 occasions perfect for wearing your LBD.
- The Red Carpet // Little black dresses can be a real showstopper. The classic timeless appeal of your red carpet look will have the paparazzi swooning, and the tabloids screaming “best dressed” awards.
- GNO // I know when I go out on the town with my best girlfriends, aka my sisters, I want to get gussied up. My go to ensemble includes my LBD, a colorful cardigan or accessories, and my favorite pair of pumps.
- Wedding // Pull out your LBD for an upcoming wedding. It’s not only classy, but it’s also so slimming and flattering to any woman’s figure.
- Date Night // Wear your little black dress out to dinner with your hubby or boyfriend, and your man will be sure to have “heart eyes” the entire evening.
- Art Show/Ballet // A night spent at the theater or the local art exhibit is always a hit for me and my daughters. When I go to an art exhibit, I never want to wear anything too loud. I’d prefer the art to be the center of attention, not my ensemble, which is why my LBD is my go to for these type of occasions.
- Graduation // With a daughter in college and two in high school, I have quite a few graduations to attend in my future. Don’t feel like you need a new dress for every milestone in your children’s lives. A little black dress will do the trick just fine. Make sure you wear different accessories and shoes, and your LBD will look brand new for every occasion.
- New Year’s Eve Party // I’ve outgrown the days of wearing sequined dresses to welcome in each New Year. However, I have found that I can accent my LBD with a ton of fun statement jewelry pieces, including my favorite pair of sparkling teardrop earrings and matching necklace.
- Interview // Before my days as an owner of Lime Ricki, I participated in quite a number of interviews. I hated scouring my closet trying to find a professional outfit that would impress. Once I invested in a little black dress, all of my problems were solved.
- Horse Race // I haven’t gone to a horse race yet, but it’s on my bucket list! For all you Southern belles who go every season, pinch your pennies on a new dress and pair your LBD with a colorful floppy hat and a pearl necklace.
- Funeral // The last thing you probably want to do is go out shopping when someone you know and love passes away. But if you don’t have a LBD hanging in your closet, you might have to. Save yourself the hassle now and make sure you have something appropriate to wear before a time like this comes.
One of my favorite stores to shop for dresses is ASOS. They have a huge selection of modest dresses, affordable prices, and a dress for every occasion. To see my top 10 ASOS dress picks, check out this post.